Opal® pulled chicken sandwiches
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 large apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 4 buns
- 1 batch apple slaw (see below)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Place the chicken, apples, onion, bacon and BBQ sauce in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
Load the shredded chicken into the buns, top with the slaw and cheese and enjoy!
Option: Replace the chicken with pork tenderloin.
This recipe was developed by Closet Cooking.